Wednesday, January 11, 2012

An Early Apology

Law school is challenging. It's different every day, and there's no way to predict if I'm going to have a good day or a bad day. At times it is challenging, frustrating, and thankless - but not all of the time.

I was intimidated at the prospect of going to grad school, but it seems that most of the teachers have a good sense of humor. Sometimes when people ask me if I like school, I think they have this preconceived notion that the teachers are all some variation on Ebeneezer Scrooge. Not so. While many of my teachers are older, gray-haired men, I have yet to find one that is bitter and angry.

The teachers definitely annoy me at times, but overall, I feel very lucky to have learned from them. They have a talent to turn some very dry & boring subject matter into a class that I actually enjoy. Don't get me wrong if I make fun of them here & there. Whatever they do to annoy me, they can usually make up for it with a snappy one-liner or a quirky anecdote.

So thank you to the teachers, and I apologize in advance.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment